Hồ Chí Minh City, formerly known as Sài Gòn, has a population of more than 10 million people making it Việt-Nam’s largest city. Sài Gòn was the capital of French Indochina from 1862 to 1954 and the capital of South Việt-Nam from 1954 until the end of the Việt-Nam War with North Vietnamese victory in 1975. In 1976, the government of a unified Việt-Nam renamed Saigon in honor of Hồ Chí Minh. Once known as the “Paris of Asia” with wide boulevards, elegant parks, and French architecture and the “Diamond of the Far-East” with luxury level overriding that of Hongkong and Bangkok, today Hồ Chí Minh City is the heart of Vietnam’s economy accounting for one-third of Việt-Nam’s GDP. Many multinational organizations have their Vietnamese headquarters in Hồ Chí Minh City. The city vibrates with energy, innovation, and traffic – lots of traffic – Hồ Chí Minh City has almost 8 million motorbikes! It’s a freewheeling, cosmopolitan metropolis with a dynamic cityscape of classic French architecture, sleek skyscrapers as well as ornate temples and pagodas. The city is also filled with rooftop bars that overlook Saigon and beyond, while fantastic restaurants offer a combination of French, Chinese, and, of course, local Vietnamese cuisine.
Highlights. Who You’ll Meet. Where You’ll Sip & Savor.
Flying to Hồ Chí Minh City (HCMC), Uber-Urban Cultural and Culinary Immersion, and a Welcome Lunch
- We’ll travel to Đà Nẵng International Airport by private transportation for our 1 1/2-hour flight to HCMC.
- After checking into our hotel, we will have an exciting interactive Welcome Lunch in HCMC at a hip restaurant by Chef Nikki Tran who’s appeared on Netflix’s Street Food.
- After lunch, our Local Guide will meet us and commence our Cyclo Tour of HCMC where we will be immersed in the sights and sounds of this energized city! After what promises to be an exciting ride, we’ll arrive at the Reunification Palace for a curated guide of its history and significance.
- Our Cyclo Tour will conclude late afternoon and our Local Guide will bring us back to our hotel.
Free Night in HCMC.
- We’ll have a free night in HCMC to relax and enjoy this great city before departing for the Mê Kông Delta the next day.
Accommodation in Hồ Chí Minh City
Hôtel des Arts Saigon, located in the heart of Hồ Chí Minh City, is an exquisite 5-star boutique hotel features décor that fuses the classical charm of French Indochina with period artwork and beautiful furnishings custom designed by Vietnamese artisans. It has a gorgeous rooftop infinity pool and restaurants with amazing city views.
Day 12: Travelling From Hội An To Hồ Chí Minh City